More about Beeswax:
Beesworks Beeswax is 100% natural beeswax pellets. A bee consumes an estimated 6-10 lbs (3-4.5 kg) of honey for each pound of the wax it secretes. After honey removal, the comb is melted to produce the beeswax. Our beeswax is filtered to remove impurities. Beeswax pellets are the most convenient and easiest form of beeswax to use. Pellets are very easy to measure in the precise portions needed for the many applications that use beeswax. The uniform size of the pellets allow for quick and easy melting. Beeswax has a high melting point range, of 144 to 149 °F (62 to 65 °C). If beeswax is heated above 185 °F (85 °C) discoloration occurs.
Additional Ways to Use Beeswax:
- Use to wax linen (thread) before sewing or use it to bring the edges of your leather journal to a high gloss.
- Beeswax reduces inflammation, softens skin, and has antioxidant properties, so it is commonly used as a thickener and emulsifier for salves and lotions
- Hot Tip for Summer: Use our Beeswax in combination with Beesworks Zinc Oxide to make your own wonderful and healing sunscreen!
- Can be used to treat bacterial skin infections
- Use on your boots to protect them against rain and snow
- Beeswax candles burn brighter, cleaner, and longer than other types of candles
- Can be used on dreadlocks to assist with tightness